- It’s hard for us to grasp just how many orphans there are in the world. But here is a visual - if you lined up all the orphans in the world, shoulder to shoulder, hand to hand, you could go around the world 3 times, with about 1,700 orphans per mile. If you drove one mile every minute, you would see 1,700 children per mile. How long would it take you to stop and help just ONE child?
- Question: Where is God with all of the orphans? What does He have to say about it?
2. To teach us about the love of God (orphans are slow to love us back...just as we are slow
to love God back)
- Jesus Christ was adopted! Joseph adopted Jesus. Jesus’s lineage is traced through His adoptive father’s blood line…not his biological mother Mary’s. For Jesus, adoption was not Plan B. It wasn’t second best.
1. Caring for orphans through adoption is normal (according to God)
Did you know that more than 1/3 of Americans have considered adoption, but only 2% actually adopt? There are an estimated 2 billion Christians in the world. Even if there were only 1 billion Christians in the world, if 1 in every 12 Christian couples responded to this call, we would eradicate the orphan problem altogether. Are you being led by God to adopt? Pray for His guidance and wisdom.