If this is your first time visiting our blog, you may want to began by reading why we are choosing to adopt. We ask for your prayers, encouragement, and support as we go where the Lord is calling.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Get Documents Apostilled...Check!

I went early Monday morning to have all of our documents apostilled in Nashville. I left my parents' house about 6:45 a.m. so that I would avoid major traffic and find a decent parking space (if you know me well, you know that I absolutely hate to drive and park in busy downtown areas...it literally terrifies me!). It took me a little while to find parking, but I finally got it figured out (and in the process learned that $.95 -- which is all the change I had on me -- only buys 38 minutes...really?). I found the right building and proceeded inside where I was met by a security officer who had to scan my driver's license and take my picture before I was even allowed to go up the elevator. When I finally made it to the right place, the lady who helped me asked why I came in so early. I think I was one of the first "customers" of the day! I waited about 35 minutes while she took care of everything for me. The documents are completed now, so I'm happy! As soon as my Texas birth certificate comes back with the apostille, we'll be ready to submit our dossier to our agency. Whew! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment