If this is your first time visiting our blog, you may want to began by reading why we are choosing to adopt. We ask for your prayers, encouragement, and support as we go where the Lord is calling.

Friday, April 9, 2010

To Our Daughter

Sweet Little One,

Daddy and I are working as hard and as fast as we can to come and get you. We are frantically filling out our paperwork, gathering all sorts of important documents, and sharing our life story with strangers…all steps that are necessary to bring you home. Oh, and how we already long for the day that we will bring you home!

So much of this waiting period reminds me of being pregnant with your brother. I loved the planning stages and preparing for his arrival. I couldn’t wait to meet him and just hold him in my arms, but I was okay waiting for him to be ready because I knew that he needed to grow strong and healthy. But it’s a little different with you, because you are most likely already born and halfway across the world from me. I don’t want to wait…I just want to bring you home now. Every day that I wait is another day that you are growing up in an institution away from here. It’s another day that I miss out on that new thing that you do. I want so bad to hold you in my arms and hug you and kiss your sweet little head. I want to make your world safe and secure. I don’t want you to worry about your tummy grumbling because you’re hungry. I don’t want you to worry about waking up from a bad dream and there is no one around to make it all better. It’s so hard to wait, but I know that Jesus is there with you, and He will bring you home to our family when His timing is right. Until then, I want you to know that we love you so much already. We can’t wait to meet you, little one.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I know for a fact that this mommy and daddy are very excited to meet my future granddaughter! Everything is done on their part and the wait has begun. I hope that time doesn't go too slowly for either parent or child and that this reunion will happen soon. I'm so eager to meet my new granddaughter:)

    ReplyDelete