If this is your first time visiting our blog, you may want to began by reading why we are choosing to adopt. We ask for your prayers, encouragement, and support as we go where the Lord is calling.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Waiting and Waiting and Waiting

One month has passed since we submitted the last piece of our paperwork. One LONG month. Not too long ago there was a sign at a church that I pass by on the way home. It said Being Patient is Trusting God's Timing. I'm grateful for such a reminder...the Lord knows how much I need that reminder on a daily basis!

This waiting stage of this adoption process is HARD. Other adoptive families warned me that it would be, but I really thought I would be okay with the wait. After all, having a nearly 14 month old certainly keeps me busy! But even with our busy days, I long to know who my daughter is and know that she is on her way home to us. I find myself daydreaming about what she looks like and what type of personality she'll have. I think about what I will feel the first time I see her sweet little face in a photo and then how I'll react when I hold her for the first time in Moldova. There are days that I feel like I'm going crazy as we wait for THE CALL. We really have no indication of when we might hear something...whether it's next week, next month, or 6+ months from now.

Last night at Bible study I was reminded of Isaiah 55:8-9, which says, "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" What a wonderful reminder to me that the Lord is orchestrating our whole adoption journey to bring our daughter home to us in HIS perfect timing! He is in control of every detail and knows exactly the right time for us to receive THE CALL so that we can travel to bring her home.  So even when I don't feel like we have control of anything in this process, HE DOES. And He is working out all things for our good (Romans 8:28).  

Please pray that we will get THE CALL soon. Pray that we will trust the Lord's timing and lean not on our own understanding. Pray that in all of this the Lord is glorified. And please, please continue to pray for our little girl...for her health, safety, and extra love from her caretakers until we can go get her and bring her home. We're asking the Lord for a miracle...we're asking Him to bring her home before Christmas. It's a little crazy, but we know that with God ALL things are possible!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Angela, and my husband and I are getting close to completing our homestudy. We have been accepted to CAS, and are also adopting from Moldova... We have a blog if you want to see our journey too!!! http://heartgrown3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete